A few firsts:
- First time ever having the option of using software as a work/desk phone. Office Live Communicator truly rocks!
- First time ever logging onto a domain from a copier/scanner/fax machine.
- First time successfully using PXE boot without suspecting the network was really running on a dial-up modem. It was, and is, blindingly fast (usually).
Since testing involves installing lots of builds I've gotten to work with several virtualization programs. They all seem to default to a different command sequence to 'escape' back to the host OS:
- Virtual PC uses right ALT. Not really my favorite as it takes my hand off the mouse.
- VirtualBox uses right CTRL. Ditto.
- Hyper-V uses the truly draconian CTRL+ALT+LEFT ARROW. Yikes!