Saturday, May 12, 2012

Upgrading the Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.0.4

I decided to flash my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) to Android 4.0.4. I went with this ROM (IMM76K) from XDA forums.
Before installing a ROM you need to install the Galaxy Nexus Drivers on your PC, root your phone and install ClockworkRecovery. You can do that manually or use the GNext Toolkit. I highly recommend using the toolkit and watching the 1st or 2nd video because it explains when and how to boot your phone into fastboot mode (adb reboot-bootloader).
Once you’ve installed the drivers and rooted your phone installing a new ROM is a cinch.
There were 2 add-ons that I wanted: tethering and Facebook contacts sync. These are packaged like ROM updates but are downloaded separately (they’re linked in the XDA post for the ROM).

USB Tethering results

usb_tethering_speedtest
And the configuration screen itself. No more carrier check for tethering Smile
Screenshot_2012-05-11-20-55-44

No comments :

Post a Comment